- VLSI Design Flow
- Verification of VLSI Design
- Validation of VLSI Design
- Role of Embedded Engineers in VLSI Design
- Various aspects for good VLSI Design
- How to make career in this domain?
TechTalk Series – Session 2 (VLSI)
Name:- Er.Gurmeet Singh, Design Engineer, NXP Semiconductor
About:- He has more than 5 years of experience in electronics industry. His responsibilities are- functional and elecyrical validation for various IPs: SPI, SAI, DMA, hardware debug and perform event in various Digital Networking SoCs of Q or IQ series.
This TechTalk series involved the development and execution of TCL/Python scripts/bare metals/RTOS based test cases while working on both pre and post silicon IP Validation in highly interdependent and dynamic environment.
Supporting the software development, debugging and suggesting suitable workarounds incase of issues.
Key developement and debugging highlights:-
- Demonstrated the system level use case of audio IP on LS1012 SoC while integrating multiple modules: SATA, SAI,eDMA, I2C in the bare-metal during the initial phase of validation cycle.
- Hardware event-based debugging of a challenging corner case in an IP while working with software, SoC, and IP teams across the sites.
- Developed the RTOS based multicore directed test case for emulating the failure and captured right wave-dump while using the innovative idea of processed hardware perfmon events from qDMA IP as the emulator trigger.